Color by Code BUNDLE Color by Number Printables for Addition & Subtraction
File Type(s): PDF
Do your students struggle with addition and subtraction facts? Use these fun themed pages to practice math facts with your students! These color by number printables are perfect for morning work, homework, or an independent activity. This is a growing bundle. More will be added as I create it. See below for what is included at this time.
There are various pages of color by code practice for each season/holiday!
Seasons/holidays included so far:
- New Year
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- 100th Day of School
- Groundhog Day
- Valentine’s Day
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Back to School
How can I use these printable color by number pages in my classroom?
These pages can be used as an independent activity! Each page has numbers and number words listed (for e.g. 1 one, 2 two) along with a code at the top. For students that struggle to read number words, make a model for them with only the code at the top colored. They can look at your code and match the color to the color word on their own page.
These pages can be used as morning work, homework, an independent center activity, or as an early finisher. Students will practice addition facts and feel like they are completing a fun coloring page!
What makes these color by number pages effective learning tools?
– Not only are students developing meaningful math fact skills, but they are also engaging in fine motor practice. They have to color neatly and inside the lines. This requires the use of fine motor skills.
– They also get to stimulate the creative side of their brain! Coloring is viewed as a ‘fun’ activity and students will enjoy the opportunity to be creative.
– These printables also increase student engagement. When a student sees a blank coloring page, they feel the anticipating of what could be. This is the ideal brain space for learning!
– Coloring is calming. Completing these pages will be much less stressful than doing a round of flashcards. This is brain-friendly practice!
Other teachers and homeschoolers just like you have said:
“These were great math resources to give to students as a fun activity so they could still practice math skills while doing remote learning or to leave for a supply teacher. I’d definitely use these again.” -Michelle B.
“This was a great morning work resource for me to use with my students. They love to color and it game them good math practice while having fun with coloring. Thanks for this resource!” -Kristen W.
“Kids always love the color by number activities. These were really fun to fill in time with before winter break. They really liked it and it was a fun review for me instead of the numbers just being given to them. ” -Johnna M.
“These are all so cute! Love them all!” -Sara G.
“My students love coloring pages so these are great. I also appreciate how they are still learning their number sense.” -Chloe A.
✪Join my email club and receive a monthly freebie in my newsletter!✪