MLK Day Craft for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
File Type(s): PDF
After discussing Dr. King’s legacy with your class, use this craft to allow students to reflect on their own learning about Dr. King or how they can continue his legacy today.
This activity is meant to be a supplement to your teaching about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
9 Prompts/Topics Included:
- I Have a Dream!
- Let Freedom Ring!
- I can do small things in a great way.
- I can be a leader like Dr. King!
- I will fight for justice like Dr. King!
- Why do we remember Dr. King?
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Dr. King’s Legacy
- We remember Dr King.
Suggested books about Dr. King (some of these are ones I’ve loved and some are recommendations from other teachers I admire)
- Martin’s Big Words by Doreen Rappaport
- I am Martin Luther King, Jr. (Ordinary People Change the World) by Brad Meltzer
- A Picture Book of Martin Luther King, Jr. by David A. Adler
- When Martin Luther King Jr. wore Roller Skates by Mark Andrew Weakland
- My Daddy, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. by Martin Luther King III
- Be a King by Carole Boston Weatherford
⭐️Join my email club and receive a monthly freebie in my newsletter!⭐️