Sentence Activities – End Marks and Capitalization – Mechanics – Sentences
# of Pages: 22
File Type(s): PDF
Use this resource to practice capitalization and end marks to your students! There are four activities included to practice identifying correct capitalization and end marks. Want more activities? Check out these sentence activities!
- 1 sentence mini book: Students will identify correct sentences and write sentences beginning with capital letters and ending with correct end marks.
- 1 set of sorting cards: Students will sort cards into two groups: correct and incorrect sentences. Also includes a coloring recording page.
- 1 sentence flip book: Students will create a flip book and sort complete and incomplete sentences.
- 1 set of task cards: Students will read the sentence on each task card and write the correct end mark on the recording page.
What skills are covered with these activities?
These four activities are meant to reinforce proper mechanics in sentences. Students will practice identifying and creating correct sentences that begin with a capital letter and end with a period, question mark, or exclamation mark. These sentences do not require knowledge of question marks, exclamation marks, or capitalization of proper nouns.
How should I use this resource in my classroom?
- Students can complete the mini book with a partner, in a small group, or with the rest of the class.
- The sorting cards and flip book make a great small group activity or a literacy center activity with a partner.
- The task cards can be used as a ‘Scoot’ activity with the whole group or as a small group or partner activity.
Please leave feedback and get TpT credits towards future purchases!
✪Join my email club and receive a monthly freebie in my newsletter!✪