Sentence Activities | Questions and Exclamations | Mechanics
# of Pages: 22
File Type(s): PDF
Use this resource to teach questions and exclamations! There are four activities included to practice identifying questioning and exclamatory sentences. Want more activities? Check out these sentence activities!
- 2 punctuation mini books: Print, cut in half, and staple into a mini book.
- 1 set of sorting cards: Cards will be sorted into two groups: question and exclamation sentences. Also includes a recording page.
- 1 color by code worksheet: Print and go – no prep needed.
- 1 scoot activity: Can be used as a ‘scoot’ game or as task cards. Print and cut cards for student use. Also includes a recording page.
What skills are covered with these activities?
These four activities are meant to reinforce proper mechanics in sentences. Students will practice identifying sentences that require a question mark and exclamation mark.
How should I use this resource in my classroom?
- Students will complete the mini books with a partner, in a small group, or with the rest of the class. They will practice writing periods and adding them to the end of sentences.
- The sorting cards make a great small group activity or a literacy center activity with a partner. Students will sort the cards into two groups: correct and incorrect sentences. The sentence cards may have correct sentences or may be missing a capital letter at the beginning of the sentence or a period at the end of the sentence. Students can also complete the recording page. They will cut out the sentences, sort them, and glue them into place.
- The color by code writing page is a great independent activity. Students will read the sentences and determine whether they need an exclamation mark or a question mark. Some sentences may be difficult for lower readers.
- The scoot activity can be used as such or as task cards for individual students or partners. Students will determine which end mark is needed and write it on the recording page.
Please leave feedback and get TpT credits towards future purchases!
✪Join my email club and receive a monthly freebie in my newsletter!✪