Comma Activities | Commas in a Series | Mechanics – Commas in Lists
# of Pages: 22
File Type(s): PDF
Use this resource to introduce commas in a series to your students! There are three activities included to practice identifying correct commas in a series and adding commas to lists.
- 1 set of sentence strips: Print, cut, and laminate. Students will use a dry erase marker to add commas to the lists in each sentence.
- 1 set of sorting cards: Cards will be sorted into two groups: correct and incorrect commas. Also includes a coloring recording page.
- 1 listening activity: Students will listen to a story and identify lists that will need commas.
What skills are covered with these activities?
These three activities are meant to reinforce proper mechanics in sentences. Students will practice identifying and creating correct series and lists with commas.
How should I use this resource in my classroom?
- Students can complete the sentence strips with a partner, in a small group, or independently. They will use a dry erase marker to add commas to the sentences on the laminated strips.
- The sorting cards make a great small group activity or a literacy center activity with a partner. Students will sort the cards into two groups: correct and incorrect commas in a list. Students can also complete the recording page. They will color sentences to indicate if the commas are correct or incorrect.
- The listening activity is ideal for whole or small group settings. Students will identify lists in the story that require commas. This activity requires teacher facilitation.
Please leave feedback and get TpT credits towards future purchases!
✪Join my email club and receive a monthly freebie in my newsletter!✪