Inflectional Ending -S Activities | Grammar Games
# of Pages: 12
File Type(s): PDF
Use this resource to introduce inflectional ending -s to your students! There are two activities included and an informational poster to display in your classroom. Want more activities? Check out the inflectional ending bundle!
- 1 informational poster
- 1 set of task cards: Students will add -s to the end of the base words on each card. They can write the new word on the recording page (optional).
- 1 flip book: Students will cut and fold the flip book and then cut the sorting words. They can glue the words with and without inflectional endings into the correct spaces.
What are inflectional endings?
Inflectional endings are parts of words that are added to the end of a base or root word. Inflectional endings can indicate number (singular or plural) or indicate word tense. For example, adding the inflectional ending -s to the verb ‘tap’ is necessary when it is paired with a subject like he, she, or it.
How should I use this resource in my classroom?
- The poster can be displayed in your classroom and used to teach students about the inflectional ending -s. It can be printed in large format and kept for next year!
- The task cards can be used in small groups or with student partners. They will add an inflectional ending -s to each word.
- The flip book is a great sorting activity that can be completed independently, with a partner, in a small group, or whole group. Students will read the words and match them with the correct subject – I/you/we or he/she/it. Students can cut and glue the words under the correct group.
Please leave feedback and get TpT credits towards future purchases!
✪Join my email club and receive a monthly freebie in my newsletter!✪